07/12, 9:00am – 08/12, 5:00pm 2020
(Standard Price NZ$1,750 + GST)
- lunch and coffees are included in the price and provided by our famous Maranui Cafe.
- potentially the first KMP1 class by a beach at Maranui Cafe (downstairs). Free parking.
- the first Kanban University KMP1 classes using the Okaloa Flowlab simulation (https://www.okaloa.com/flowlab) in New Zealand.
Participants will learn how to design a Kanban system (or improve an existing one) and initiate change with Kanban. They will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull and collaborative improvement. The class includes the use of a Kanban simulation as well as exercises to design an actual Kanban System.
After taking this course participants will be able to design a Kanban system (or improve an existing system) for optimal flow and faster delivery.
What will you receive?
- Course materials
- Membership of the Kanban University (KU)
- Digital Download of the certificate from Kanban University (KU) on completion of the course
- Fulfillment of the Kanban Management Professional 1 (KMP1) requirements. KMP1 is the first of 2 classes that leads to the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation.
- A free electronic copy of David Anderson’s “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” book·
- discount of $10 on „Kanban from the Inside“ ebook by Mike Burrows
- 3 month trial accounts for the following software tools:
- SwiftKanban for Digite Software
- Nave dashboard add-on to Jira, ADO and other tools
- Kanbanize Software
- Scrum Alliance: 16 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards your CSP (Certified Scrum Professional)
- Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units).
High-level course topics:
- The Definition of Kanban Method: Foundation Principles and General Practices
- Okaloa Flowlab simulation
- Using a Kanban System
- The Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban STATIK
- Understanding sources of variability and dissatisfaction
- Understanding Classes of Service
- Recurring Events / Feedback loops (cadences)
- System Replenishment
- Pull-based systems
- Metrics and Charts
- Ticket Design
- Examples of Visual Board Design
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- how to identify and address bottlenecks
- how to work with shifting priorities
- how to deal with interrupt work and multitasking
- how to deal with important but not time-critical work
- how to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- how to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
Who Can Attend?
Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices. Previous KMP1 attendees have been in roles such as:
- Senior Managers
- Programme and Project Managers
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals