20-23/11/21, 08:30am – 1:00pm
(standard price NZ$1,750 + GST, 20% off if you buy the KSD (KMPI) + KSI (KMPII) bundle)
The Kanban System Improvement course is the second part of the overall Kanban Management Professional curriculum. This course builds on the foundation of the Kanban System Design course and allows participants to take their usage of Kanban to the next level. It will enable participants to tune Kanban rollout initiatives, enable richer feedback loops, and create Upstream and Customer Kanban implementations. All of which allows for Kanban not just at the team level, but enable the interconnected services that help support your business and get closer to being fit for purpose to meet your customer’s expectations.
Unique Course Delivery
This course is run over 4 half day (morning) sessions so you can gain Kanban knowledge at a pace that’s reasonable to allow learning through a virtual medium.
This course is run 100% virtual so you can join from the comfort of your own home!
What Participants will learn
This course is highly interactive – with games and simulations allowing students to learn through doing as well as drawing upon the experiences of the trainer. Case studies are used to help reinforce learning from previous Kanban implementations. Included in this is:
- Dealing with resistance to WiP limits
- Understanding asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Managing evolutionary change
- Upstream Kanban
- Scaling Kanban across an organisation
- Dealing with sources of variability such as bottlenecks, blockers and dependencies
- Kanban Cadences “Service Delivery Review”, “Operations Review”, “Risk Review”
What participants will get
Participants get training certified by Kanban University which includes:
- Courseware and materials
- Digital copy of David J Anderson’s book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business”
- Certificate of Completion of Kanban University’s Certified Kanban Training (KMP 2)
- Kanban Management Professional (KMP) professional credential from Kanban University (must have completed both KMP 1 & 2 courses – see Kanban System Design for KMP 1). Your KMP designation will never expire and no annual fees are required to maintain it.
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organisation next week – because it doesn’t require permission, budget or getting others to change
- You get trainers who are long-time users and world class coaches of the method.
- discount of $10 on „Kanban from the Inside“ ebook by Mike Burrows
- 3 month trial accounts for the following software tools:
- SwiftKanban for Digite Software
- Nave dashboard add-on to Jira, ADO and other tools
- Kanbanize Software
- Scrum Alliance: 16 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards your CSP (Certified Scrum Professional)
- Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
Who should attend
This course is intended for people currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban. This includes team members, Delivery Leads, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Service Delivery Managers, Portfolio or Program Managers, members of the PMO and anyone who wants to develop or enhance their management skills.