Standard Price NZ$750 + GST, Early bird NZ$600 (until 23/06, 4pp max)
For the online class, the day will be split into two times four hours. Please get in touch if you prefer different dates, e.g. during the week, or different times, e.g. in the afternoon.
The Team Kanban Practitioner class teaches the basics of the Kanban Method and serves as the entry level and starting point to an “alternative path to agility.” During this 1-day class, each attendee will:
- Design and implement a Team Kanban board.
- Learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and associated risk.
- Understand how to proceed to the next level with Kanban
What will you receive?
- Course materials
- Membership of the Kanban University (KU)
- Digital Download of the certificate from Kanban University (KU) on completion of the course
- A free electronic copy of David Anderson’s “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” book
- discount of $10 on „Kanban from the Inside“ ebook by Mike Burrows
- 3 month trial accounts for the following software tools:
- SwiftKanban for Digite Software
- Nave dashboard add-on to Jira, ADO and other tools
- Kanbanize Software
Course topics of this 1-day course:
- Using Kanban to address overburdening
- The Definition of Kanban Method: Foundation Principles and General Practices
- Basic Kanban concepts
- Overview of Kanban Cadences
- Interactive Kanban simulation
- Examples of board and ticket design
- WIP limits
- Batching and Flow
- Kanban board design exercise
- Service delivery workflow Kanban
- Starting (shallow) Kanban versus full Kanban System
- Benefits of extending Kanban up/down workflow
Attendees should become familiar with the Kanban Method. They should be able to design and implement a basic Kanban system. They should be able to understand work item types and the risks associated with specific work items. They should be familiar with a variety of different Team Kanban board designs and styles and know how to choose a design that is best suited for their context. They should be aware of the training roadmap and the value and benefits to be derived at each step on the „alternative path to agility.“
Who Can Attend?
Team members in professional services roles whose employer wishes to explore and pursue an alternative path to agility. Those who feel overburdened and wish to find some respite to enable them to „get things done“ with quality, improved speed, and predictability. Managers and team members who need help focusing on what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to discard altogether. Those who want relief from overburdening so that they can take pride of workmanship and do good quality work in an effective manner.